Children's Special Health Program (CSH)
Priority Overview Document
Children's Special Health (CSH) is a program for Wyoming children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) who require something beyond routine and basic care. Wyoming's CSH program is funded through Title V of the Social Security Act and state matching funds in order to do the following:
- Coordination of care: helping families access services in their community
- provide and promote family-centered, community-based, coordinated care for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN)
- facilitate the development of community-based systems of services
- support core public health functions such as resource development, capacity building, public information, technical assistance to communities, provider training, and gathering and analyzing data
- build community capacity via training, technical assistance, and financing
- provide direct healthcare services to children and families as a way to fill gaps in services
- provide transition services to adolescents
- Genetics and specialty care clinics
- Financial assistance for qualifying medical conditions, annual cap of $40,000
- Diagnostic evaluation to determine diagnosis
- Limited funding for transportation
- Some equipment and medications
- Funds for translation services required by CSH clients
To qualify for financial assistance:
- Be a Wyoming resident
- Be under 19 years of age
- Meet financial eligibility
- Be suspected or known to have a medical condition covered by CSH
- Be a U.S. Citizen or qualified alien
- Families with health insurance, Kid Care, or Medicaid may be eligible
- Families may be required to apply for Medicaid/Kid Care CHIP
Call your local Public Health Nursing or Indian Health Service office to arrange an appointment.
Gather your child's medical and education records, as well as your family's financial records to this appointment.
Your application will be submitted by Public Health Nursing or Indian Health Services.
You will be notified upon eligibility determination.